Portable Nitrogen – 6061-T6 Aluminum CylindersPart# AXXX
The Prestacycle Nitrogen Inflation system brings affordable, high volume nitrogen inflation to Home users, Repair shops and Pro-shop garages. Our system is safe and easy to use. Perfect for environments of all kinds. Use it to inflate anything you fill with air for faster more reliable pressure retention. Shops can use it to sell inflation or provide team or fleet operations support.
All you need for a complete system is our Kit plus a cylinder. Find your local re-filler before selecting a cylinder. Search for “Welding Supply” in your area. Pro Cylinders hold a higher maximum pressure. They can be “gang-refilled” which is the only refill option by some providers.
A System for Home?
Prestacycle makes it easy and inexpensive to keep Nitrogen tire inflation available in your own home. Total systems with cylinders are very inexpensive. Systems with a 30CF cylinder and larger provide for all home inflation needs including Automotive fillings and top-offs. Many car manufacturers now recommend Nitrogen for the newer more accurate TPI systems. Prestacycle’s system keeps you from running back to the shop every time you need a top-off. Our system provides 99% pure Nitrogen, better than the 95% available at your Auto dealer. Using Nitrogen on your Bicycles, Tractors and any other inflatable will keep them inflated longer and will help the rubber in your tires to last longer.
A System for Shops?
Many Automotive service facilities have machines for Nitrogen inflation, but those machines are large and expensive. Motorcycle, Bicycle and Power Equipment dealers don’t need a high volume system like that. Our equipment combined with a cylinder delivery arrangement with your local gas supplier will allow you to offer Nitrogen inflation to all your customers. Installing a complete system with a large capacity Steel cylinder rented from a gas supplier is less than $250 in total up-front costs. Profitability and return-on-investment (ROI) can usually be reached in the first Month. Nitrogen inflation sales can instantly become a new, steady revenue stream for your business, and customers will regard the service as an added level of professionalism. Automotive shops that already have the big extractor systems can add our small system to increase staff efficiency and add a level of customer service. With your current extractor system, Cars need to brought into the shop for inflation, even if they only need a top-off. Our system can be kept with the service writers or even salespeople. Courtesy top-offs can be done immediately, making you customers more likely to re-visit and come back for other business. If your shop has welding capability, you probably already have the Nitrogen delivered to your door. Our $120 kit makes you an instant Nitrogen inflation station!
Nitrogen tanks provide immediate tire inflation or top-offs anywhere without electricity. Lightweight alloy components combined with the light alloy cylinders we offer are easy and safe to transport when handled properly. Our smallest 6 cubic foot system takes-up very little space and the complete system with cylinder only weighs about 5 pounds. Perfect to carry in the corner of your your trunk, it’s even being carried onboard by light aircraft for easy top-offs at remote airports. Our 33 cubic foot cylinder is less than two feet tall and includes a convenient carry handle. We offer an optional quick-release vehicle mounting bracket as well.
How do I get Nitrogen?
We offer attractive, rust-free aluminum-alloy Nitrogen cylinders which are light weight and easy to transport. Please be aware our cylinders are shipped empty. Commercial shipping companies do not want to carry highly pressurized containers since they do not strap-down packages. You can also buy or rent cylinders from local gas suppliers. Generally those suppliers will provide painted steel cylinders. We recommend you check with different types of providers in your area before deciding on your options.
Prestacycle Alloy Cylinders
If you get our cylinders, you will want to do refills. Cylinder refills are most often available from local welding suppliers and many welders. Refill costs are very inexpensive. Prices vary but should generally be around twenty bucks. Refills usually take only a minute or two, so many providers are willing to do it on-the-spot. The best place to start is a Yellow Pages Search for “Welding Supply”. When you first ask about refills, many are hesitant without more details. They may inquire why you wouldn’t rather swap tanks, and become even more hesitant when you tell them you have a new aluminum tank. With our tanks, simply state that you have “A new alloy cylinder with CGA-580 valve that is properly certified and stamped for inert gas”. If you’re still having trouble, contact Prestacycle Customer Service by email, and provide your City, State and Zip. We’ll locate the best providers closest to you.
Some larger gas supply companies may only offer to give you pre-filled cylinders. They will sell or rent to you the first cylinder, and then swap it for a full one each time you need a refill. They can also offer to deliver, a good advantage for higher volume use. Be aware that swap-only services means you will have a certified, but USED cylinder. Also know that they may not have swap-ready tanks available in the size you want at all times. Swapping is not a good option if you purchased our shiny new alloy cylinders. They will trade it for a steel tank that has been around. Please don’t be fooled if they tell you swapping is your only option. Many of our customers tell us they push hard to convince you thier way is the only way. You can always contact us to help find a refilling suppier. Check here for your closest swapping supplier: http://www.airgas.com/
Nitrogen is Air – without the bad stuff. Air is about 78% Nitrogen, 20% Oxygen with moisture and some other gases. Tires loose pressure because air goes right through the rubber. This is called permeation. The Oxygen in air escapes much faster, causing quick initial pressure loss. Laboratory guides rate the permeability rate through rubber of Oxygen at 23.3 vs. Nitrogen at only 9.43. Oxygen, CO2 and Helium all leak faster than Nitrogen. Oxygen is also reactive. “Oxidation” weakens, dries and cracks rubber. It can also damage Alloy rims and break-down sealants. Moisture can corrode valves from the inside causing problems with proper valve closure. All problems with regular air are accelerated by pressure. Nitrogen is the best solution. Nitrogen inflated tires maintain a more consistent tire pressure across different temperatures. Tire performance is more reliable and efficient when recommended tire pressure is maintained and heat is reduced. Most auto dealers recommend Nitrogen inflation exclusively for vehicles with tire pressure monitoring systems to prevent heat-related pressure warnings from your vehicle.
One System, many Sizes
Our system safely stores Nitrogen at up to 1800 or 2216 psi. A mid-sized 33 cubic foot cylinder is less than two feet tall and eight inches across, yet it can inflate up to 10 empty car tires or 120 empty bicycle tires before needing a refill. You can fill tires of all kinds including Cars, SUV’s, Light Trucks, RV’s, Lawn Tractors, Motorcycles, Bicycles and Scooters. Our New Regulator is small, lightweight, yet durable. It has a micro-gauge that shows you how much Nitrogen is left so you’ll know when you need a refill. The body of the regulator twists to control flow rate. Twist all the way to the right and you can close it completely with zero flow. Turn counter clockwise from there to open the flow rate to the desired level for small tires or keep turning to increase flow for large tires. It’s perfect for portable inflation with any size cylinder. It’s also perfect for Shop use and works with the largest cylinders you can buy for professional inflation. We recommend Aluminum Cylinders for portability. We sell them on our Website and through our Dealers. Our Regulator is compatible with all steel Nitrogen cylinders as well. You can purchase any CGA-580 valve cylinder directly from your local Nitrogen refill provider. Our system is compatible with all North American cylinders rated for Nitrogen.
Nitrogen Cylinders will be shipped separately. They are assembled upon order, and ship UPS ground directly from the assembly plant in Ohio. Delivery can take up to two weeks. This insures your Cylinder will have the most current certification dates possible. Cylinders are certified for five years from the date stamped, and can be re-certified by your local filler. We’ll be sure to keep you updated with tracking as soon as the factory releases your shipment. Due to shipping carrier regulations, please be aware the cylinders ship to you empty. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Prestacycle designs products from the start with real-world experience.
- Use with 6061-T6 Brushed Aluminum Alloy Cylinders & Steel Cylinders up to 300 cubic feet.
- Suppliers deliver pre-filled rented or purchased Cylinders to your Shop.
- Heavy-duty carry handle on larger portable cylinders protects valve from damage.
- 6061-T6 150 psi adjustable flow regulator with remainder gauge.
- Lightweight Alloy Regulator spins-on by hand, No need to carry a big wrench.
- Nylon coil hose is compact and easy to use. Rated for 230 psi continuous use.
- Coil hose is narrow, reducing the amount of gas lost when disconnecting the system.
- Quick coupler is ready for attachment to our Prestaflator tool.
Please observe all safety information provided with the kit.
Nitrogen cylinder required – not included unless purchased.
Prestacycle warrants the Prestacycle Nitrogen inflation system components to be free of defective material or workmanship for one year, and under the conditions stated herein. This warranty will not apply to wear and tear from resulting from misuse or physical damage.
This warranty is expressly limited to repair or replacement of product found to be defective. Prestacycle assumes no liability for loss due to failure of any product to perform satisfactorily. Prestacycle makes no other warranty, expressed or implied, except that of title. Any and all other warranties are expressly disclaimed.
This warranty applies under conditions of intended use and is exclusive of equipment subjected to: Failure to follow recommended service procedures, Excessive duty cycle, exposure to the elements, shipping damage and modification not authorized by Prestacycle. No warranty claims will be honored without prior authorization for repair from Prestacycle. Any replaced or repaired equipment will be warranted for the remainder of the warranty term only.
- Is Nitrogen Safe?
- Safer than air. Nitrogen is completely inert. It is completely non-flamable. Air can fan a fire, but Nitrogen would actually help put-out a fire. It will not damage rubber or other components.
- Is Nitrogen expensive?
- With our portable system, Nitrogen costs under fifty cents per bike tire. The savings just in wear and tear can more than pay for Nitrogen. For cars, the cost of the Nitrogen is 2-3 times lower than what the Auto Shops charge.
- Where can I get a refill?
- Any welding supplier can refill your tank for a low cost. Some may fill it on-the spot, others might expect to drop if off and be able to pick it up the next day. Pre-filled cylinder swaps are also available. Check here for your local filling or swap-out location: http://www.airgas.com/
- Can you send it to me full?
- No. Even though it’s a safe gas, it’s under very high pressure. Filled tanks should be secured during transport. Shipping companies charge much more for special handling of filled tanks because the cannot simply leave them to bounce-around in the back of a delivery truck.
- Can I use it on my Car?
- Yes! You can get a few fill-ups plus many top-offs at home on cars tires. If you intend to fill your own car or truck tires from empty, we recommend a 33cf cylinder or larger.
- How about Motorcycles?
- Yes. Our system is perfect for Motorcycles. In fact, we’re now selling a version of our Prestaflator tool for Schrader only as a Motorcycle system. Our low profile right angle Schrader head is great for Motorcycle wheels.
- How about my Lawn Tractor/Snowthrower?
- Yes. Our system is perfect for all small tires. In fact, with items like home yard equipment that might use the same set of tires for 10 years or more, Nitrogen helps provide longer life for the rubber.
- How about 4×4 / off-road use?
- Off-roading events require frequent substantial pressure changes on large volume tires. CO2 systems are sold by off-road companies and they are better than Nitrogen due to the fact that CO2 can deliver much more overall volume before the tank is empty. Please be aware that CO2 looses pressure from tires much faster than even regular air. CO2 inflation should always be considered temporary, and should be replaced with Nitrogen or Air within 24-48 hours.